New Product Development Manager
New Product Development (NPD) Manager role in a large FMCG Company based in South Tipperary. Reporting to the MD , the overall purpose of this key management role is The role of the New Product Development Manager is to facilitate the continuing development and growth of 2 company entities identifying, managing and efficiently developing new products from concept through to launch in the retail, food service, B2B and manufacturing sectors.
- To manage and progress the Innovation strategy in line with business development plans
- To manage structured development process throughout the companies to ensure the successful launch of new products into the marketplace. Working closely with customers and the commercial team in delivering on new product and existing product development strategy which brings’ a competitive advantage to the business.
- To manage and lead the Innovation team in delivering project results and timely launches on all development projects
- To relay the project reports and results to the Senior Management team as required.
- To work with the team to develop new innovative food products & processes from concept through to launch. To facilitate and deliver on cost saving and efficiency projects throughout the business.
- *Steer sign off on concept products through the development process from initiation to launch including carrying out recipe trials, taste panelling, customer consultation & presentation and first production.
- Ensure that products are launched in compliance with food safety legislation and each company’s quality management systems, both on time and on budget. Management of customer on line specification systems and manage the internal generation of new product specifications.
- Work closely with customers in delivering innovative solutions that are in line with customer expectations and operational/commercial restraints.
- Understanding the marketplace and change/evolve the product offering to meet consumer trends. To facilitate and manage brainstorming and synectics sessions to generate & manage a pipeline of new product ideas and blue skies concepts which is continuously on going. Drive benchmarking sessions on competitor products.
- Liaise with all functions including Business Development, Sales, Production, Maintenance, Purchasing and Technical as appropriate in order to progress live projects in line with the Innovation strategy.
- Provide relevant information to the finance department to enable calculation of product costing and ensure accurate records are documented with regard to all project work.
- To participate in the completion of all State agency grant applications.
- To manage the C&I budget and monitor KPI’s and report on any variances
- To train and develop the innovation Team in line with training requirements and career development plans identified for them.
- To manage identified members of the Innovations department and provide support to them wherever necessary. To facilitate holidays, manage sick leave and manage any HR issues that may arise.
- A minimum of 8 years industry experience in a product development related role in the Food and Drinks category, Project & people management experience essential.
- High energy, team player with strong record of meeting aggressive goals and objectives
- Strong product development & organisational skills
- Strong people & project management skills
- Strong attention to detail skills required
- Good communication skills, self-starter, work under own initiative, good listener, assertive and highly motivated. Clear demonstration of an ability to provide guidance and motivation to others.
- Excellent PC skills are essential.