Excellent Automation Engineer role in a leading medical devices company based in Waterford City.
The overall Purpose of this role is the Automation Engineer monitors the quality and efficiency performance of assigned product lines and provides support in driving continuous improvement through process development, root cause analysis and systematic problem solving.
Key Responsibilities include
- Support design, buy-off, installation and validation of automated production lines.
- Process Characterisation / Optimisation (DFMEA’s, PFMEA’s DOE’s etc.).
- Lead systematic technical root cause investigations.
- Support production line ramp to achieve mature production targets.
- Drive continuous improvement projects.
- Manage assigned project budgets; liaise with Customers, contractors as required.
- Support technical training.
- Support all company safety and quality programs and initiatives.
- Ensure ongoing compliance with GMP in all practices, recording of events and processes.
- Ensure compliance with all learnings from all GMP training events.
- Other responsibilities may be assigned from time to time as needed, based on the evolution of the company and the requirements of the department/position.
The ideal candidate will
- Honours Degree in mechanical engineering, manufacturing engineering or similar discipline.
- 3-6 years’ experience in a manufacturing environment (high volume automated assembly experience would be an advantage as would medical device manufacturing experience).
- Travel as necessary to support equipment buy-offs and training at vendor / customer sites.
- Ability to work in a team environment.
- Excellent organisation, communication, computer and presentation skills.
- Systematic troubleshooting skills.
- Strong leadership of technical issue resolution.
- Lean Six Sigma skills an advantage.
- Provide innovative solutions to complex problems.
- Good data analysis skills.k
- Proficient in MS Office applications, MS Project.
- CAD experience desirable.