Technical Training Specialist
Excellent new role in a fast growing FMCG company, with 2 sites based in the South East. Reporting to the Head of HR, You will be required to work across two sites and reports to the site technical managers. The purpose of the role is to design and deliver training that best fulfils the needs of the learners, however also ensures compliance to a defined skills matrix. They will provide a robust training system to deliver 100% compliance on site at all times, forecasting future requirements and meeting audit requirements.
- Accountable for induction training and act as lead on the training system for the site. To include training matrix, skill needs analysis and comprehensive training evaluation.
- Accountable for the display of training process and records for auditors
- Conduct skills needs appraisal for the site and develop prioritised training agenda
- Prepare detailed training implementation milestone plan
- Provide site leadership teams with necessary skills to allow them to implement effective training
- Implement robust training evaluation process to ensure that all training delivered is reviewed for effectiveness
- Deliver prioritised training through combination of technical trainers, line management delivery and external providers.
- Implement all necessary documentation to support training system requirements
- Develop good interdepartmental relations following company policies and modern practices.
- Accountable for supporting the continuous improvement behaviours and to demonstrate responsiveness of training provision in relation to evolving requirements, quality and cost of training
- Support lean training initiatives and help to develop our operatives and team leaders around using lean tools for example providing excel training
- Ensure training matrix is at a minimum of 90% of target for each work cycle, always aiming for 100%
- Working with the technical manager to contribute to procedure improvement to achieve ease of use for operatives and correct training methodologies
- Maintain the continuous improvement project list and report into the head of finance
- Provide a plan for upcoming week to department managers, head of operations and the site director
- Complete any other reasonable action requested by Head of HR
- Design and implementation of a training system - essential
- Delivery and execution of training within manufacturing environment - essential
- Experience of managing a training function - desirable
- Excellent communication and team working skills - essential
- Strong negotiation and customer service skills - essential
- Natural decision-maker, able to exercise judgement and take responsibility for the consequences of actions and decisions - essential
- Determined and resilient, with the drive to complete tasks - essential
- Ability to accept and learn from constructive criticism - essential
- Be willing to undertake any necessary training to achieve the required competencies and job objectives - essential
- Excellent analytical and numeric skills together with the ability to identify and interpret market trends - essential