Workcell Lead required by FDA regulated Manufacturing company in Waterford. This is a great opportunity to join the company in a growth phase. The overall purpose of this role is
The Workcell leader is accountable for the operational performance of a Workcell ensuring the KPIs are achieved. Workcell leader leads, influences and motivates a customer focused team in a matrix structure to achieve Workcell KPIs and manufacturing solutions to meet/exceed customer requirements.
Key Responsibilities and End Results:
- Lead, influence and motivate a customer focused team in a matrix structure to achieve Workcell KPIs and manufacturing solutions to meet/exceed customer requirements.
- Report KPIs to Business Unit Manager on a monthly basis
- Deliver actual versus quote on a monthly basis
- Drive operational excellence by setting clear direction and expectations for performance, and measure actual performance with respect to Product Quality, labour efficiency, and yield against targets.
- Manage Master Planning Schedule for Workcell on a weekly, monthly and annual basis to include equipment, people and processes.
- Control costs impacting the customer P&L and Balance Sheet.
- Report monthly to senior leadership on the performance of the customer account.
- Drive a continuous improvement culture enabling problem solving and innovative solutions.
- Create a highly talented Value Stream team and champion a positive employee environment by promoting; open communication, engagement and development of team members. Promote a culture of inclusiveness, trust, cooperation and a commitment to teamwork.
- Proactively manage the customer relationship at site level and conduct quarterly Supplier Relationship Management meeting. Manage customer escalations.
- Manage elements of the commercial quotation process.
- Collaborate with the Global Business Units to align on Customer Growth Strategies.
- Supports all company safety and quality programs and initiatives.
- Ensure ongoing compliance with GMP in all practices, recording of events and processes.
- Ensure compliance with all learnings from all GMP training events.
- Other responsibilities may be assigned from time to time as needed, based on the evolution of the company and the requirements of the department/position.
Minimum education and experience requirements:
- Degree in Engineering/relevant discipline essential.
- 5 years’ experience in Manufacturing/Engineering in a healthcare/contract manufacturing environment.
- Previous people management/leadership and customer facing experience highly desirable.
- Excellent lean, operations leadership, organisational and communication skills.
- Excellent Performance Management skills
- Ability to influence, motivate and drive self and others.
- Performance and results driven.
- Excellent initiative and decision-making capability.
- Ability to work in a team environment.
- High level of cGMP, safe working practices and awareness.
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Office, MS Project & ERP systems.