Warehouse Team Leader
Warehouse Team Leader role required in a leading medical devices company based in Waterford City. Overseeing the management of the warehouse Operations the overall purpose of this role is :-
- Co-ordinate the day-to-day activities of the Warehouse and Pack Out areas to meet production targets for customer delivery, product quality & cost ensuring a safe work environment at all times.
- Applies lean tools to drive continuous improvement & process reliability.
Key Responsibilities and End Results:
- Lead & co-ordinates the day-to-day activities of the Materials team to meet production targets for customer delivery.
- Leads the use of lean tools to drive continuous improvement & process reliability.
- Attend daily huddles reviewing key metrics to ensure we are on target
- Creates a high performing flexible team which achieves excellent results through coaching, mentoring & effective performance management.
- Ensures that there is regular team communications, ensuring engagement of all material handling personnel i.e. Warehouse and Material handlers
- Review KPIs through visual management tools & co-ordinate all training in order to perform assigned tasks across all areas.
- Responsible for performance management and training of all direct reports
- Ensures performance reviews are completed on time offering the opportunity of PDP’s to all Team members.
- Ensure all team members are fully trained in their roles and support development of standard work, documentation, training, and procedural activities where appropriate.
- Communicates warehouse and materials information effectively to the relevant departments.
- Co-ordinate with Workcell Leaders and Shift Team Leaders to ensure all shipments are ready and available to ship i.e., OTIF of 100%
- Work with our Supply Chain Department to plan resources, material, shipping, deliveries etc. to support weekly operations schedule.
- Lead area 6S program to ensure that housekeeping, GMP & Safety issues are resolved in a timely & systematic manner thus meeting all company safety, environmental and quality initiatives.
- Ensure equipment, area cleaning, inventory control & barcoding systems are adhered to as per cGMP requirements.
- Manage all offsite storage venders ensuring compliance with our standards and that of the site’s regulatory requirements.
- Manage consumable KANBAN levels within the onsite warehouse.
- Manage environmental / pest control in the warehouse and packout areas.
- Support internal and external audits, ensuring that all ACA are completed in the prescribed timelines.
- Support all company safety and quality programs and initiatives.
- Ensure ongoing compliance with GMP and regulatory requirements.
- Ensure compliance with all learnings from GMP audits and training events.
- Other responsibilities may be assigned from time to time as needed, based on the evolution of the company and the requirements of the department/position.
- Level 7 management/relevant supervisory management qualification desirable.
- Experience in operations essential.
- Previous people management experience highly desirable
- Bronze Lean Certification desirable
- Skills and Attributes:
- Performance and results driven.
- Ability to motivate self and others.
- Excellent initiative and decision-making capability.
- Ability to work in a team environment.
- High level of cGMP, safe working practices and awareness.
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Office, & ERP systems.