Supply Chain Manager role in a leading multinational based in Waterford. This Senior Management role sits as part of the SLT Team for the local site. The overall Purpose of this role is
- Planning, directing, controlling, coordinating and evaluating forecasting, master scheduling, inventory control, stock and forecasting for organization.
- Managing inventory replenishment based on production schedules, current inventory, customer orders and forecasts.
Key Responsibilities and End Results
- Ensures accurate inventory records.
- Plan and Manage Warehouse capacity to ensure efficient and economical utilization of facilities for storing and distributing raw materials and finished goods.
- Plan and schedule department functions to ensure the prompt delivery of supplies of kind and amount required.
- Manage development of metrics to assess and improve forecast accuracy.
- Manage coordination of supply plans for new product introductions and product phase-outs.
- Utilizes JIT and ERP using integrated systems.
- Develop and implement department standards, practices, procedures and policies.
- Assist documenting the process and developing MRP system.
- Participate in developing and implementing S&OP.
- Purchase critical materials, components, equipment and services.
- Develop new supply sources where vendors and suppliers are inadequate and coordinate purchasing activities with manufacturing, service and engineering departments, maintaining inventory at planned levels.
- Monitor the cost, schedule and scope aspects of assigned subcontracts to assure best quantity and quality at best value.
- Support all company safety and quality programs and initiatives.
- Apply and support lean manufacturing principles.
- Train and mentor department employees.
- Ensure ongoing compliance with GMP in all practices, recording of events and processes.
- Ensure compliance with all learnings from all GMP training events.
Minimum education and experience requirements:
- BS/BA or equivalent.
- 6+ Years of relevant experience.
- APISC/CPIM or CSCP certification or equivalent preferred.
- Strong in ERP/Business Process development and implementation.
- Exceptional organisational, leadership and interpersonal skills.
- Motivated, enthusiastic, self-directed and results driven leader.
- Ability to work well in a team environment.
- Excellent initiative and decision-making capability.
- Strong negotiation skills.