Senior Tax Manager required for 18 month contract in leading global pharmaceutical company based in Waterford City.
The Overall purpose of the role:
The Senior Tax Manager is responsible for the Irish group and the entities in Australia & China within the International Headquartered Group. The Senior Tax Manager is responsible for managing the group’s tax function; managing tax compliance and tax risk, providing tax technical advice to colleagues, managing relations with tax authorities and ensuring internal and external reporting requirements are met. The larger part of the role is related to the activities in Ireland, one of the major suppliers within the global organization, and the smaller part of the role will be dedicated to the growing APAC activities in Australia and China.
Responsibilities/ A day in the life of our Senior Tax Manager
- Promote a strong tax compliance culture throughout the organisation
- Manage all Irish tax aspects including corporate income tax, transfer pricing, and specific projects
- Manage the tax and transfer pricing aspects in Australia & China together with the local finance organisation
- Responsible for the Irish tax reporting including tax provisioning and preparation of tax notes under local and US GAAP
- Advising other business partners on the tax implications of various transactions and assisting with all ad-hoc tax queries
- Identify tax planning opportunities and presentation of same to stakeholders
- Responsible for liaising with Tax Authorities and external tax advisors
- Preparation of transfer pricing reviews and required documentation. This includes the review of intercompany transactions ensuring appropriate documentation for use in accounting, compliance and tax reviews
- Oversee the Irish R&D tax credit claim and other relief claims
- Assist in formulation of strategic business decisions and liaise with Group Headquarters
- Maintain up to date knowledge of all relevant tax legislation, regulations and practice to ensure all relevant changes to tax law/ practice are evaluation and communicated.
- Setup such structures and controls necessary to enable the company to transact its business in the most efficient manner both in terms of compliance and administration from a tax perspective
- Conduct routine reviews of transactions, thereby ensuring compliance
- Assist in formulation of strategic business decisions and liaise with Group Headquarters .
- Provide tax support to the Ireland CFO and finance team for all projects and matters concerning the Irish group of companies.
Who we are looking for
- A qualified accountant (ACA/ACCA)
- Educated to degree level, or equivalent, and possess a fully completed tax qualification (AITI / CTA is strongly preferred)
- Strong experience- ideally within a Big 4 company or within a Multinational corporation
- Strong corporation tax background, specifically transfer pricing
- Knowledge of the pharmaceutical/manufacturing industry (would be a bonus)
- SAP experience is an advantage but not essential