Senior Application Development Analyst (Senior AWS Engineer) with really strong Python and AWS required by our client a leading Financial Services company based in Waterford City. This flexible hybrid working role will be based at our state-of-the-art office in Waterford, Ireland. The Engineer will report to the Associate Director of Software Engineering and occasionally to appropriate Engineering Directors.
As a Senior Software Engineer in the company’s Agile Excellence Domain, you will be part of our exciting journey as we embark on a multi-year transformation to a Digital Enterprise with a focus on driving forward new ways of working, bringing Business, IT and Operations closer together in delivering Client Value.
We are looking for a Senior Software Engineer, with Full Stack AWS and .NET experience, who will primarily be responsible for the provision of AWS services between our applications and the backend. You will work with other developers to deliver enterprise applications in an agile environment.
- Responsible for the technical / systems analysis, design, development, unit testing, system integration testing, implementation and support of software applications, using existing and emerging technology platforms.
- Collaborate with IT, work with the business to obtain the necessary clarity of the requirements at a function point context. Work with project managers, sponsors and other stakeholders to develop and plan technical strategies, agree upon project priorities and deliver applications that support business requirements. Also responsible for the Systems integration testing of applications prior to code release to Quality Assurance.
- Lead end to end delivery of highly complex / multiple domains.
- Work on multiple large or complex projects.
- Manage complex intergroup issues and resolutions.
- Articulate and communicates the overall solution.
- Approve technical and functional documentation.
- Understand the impact of integrating third party solutions to overall systems architecture.
- Direct process for determining Deliverables, resources, and schedules.
- Ensure that technical components adhere to technical standards and guidelines.
- Define resource requirements and allocations, monitor and improves quality, and ensure ‘best practice’ development techniques.
- Work closely with client departments in development and implementation of application programs having direct impact on the business.
- Work closely with third party technology vendors to trouble shoot complex technical issues.
- Contribute to the development of client strategies at the project level.
- Understand industry trends and practices for areas of domain expertise.
- Contribute to the development of firm and industry standards and supports adoption of best practices.
- Manage risk, planning, and mitigation across supported applications and impacted areas.
- Provide functional / technical leadership to own team and to other teams.
- Direct, motivate and develop staff, maximizing their individual contribution and their ability to function effectively with their team.
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Sciences or related field.
- 7+ years of software engineering experience.
- 4+ years of experience using Python and AWS Lambda essential to this role
- 4+ years of experience in the following AWS technologies:
- Dynamo DB.
- Even -driven server less computing Lambda.
- S3 Storage bucket and policies.
- SNS and SQS.
- 4+ years of commercial application developer experience in C#, ASP .Net or Java.
- Experience with integrating databases/services on premise with the cloud.
- Excellent knowledge in T-SQL stored procedure on MS SQL.
- Experience in Message framework like NServiceBus, Masstransit or equivalent.
- Experience with integrating on-perm database services with Cloud or Hybrid datacenter model.
- Comfortable with Test driven development using mocking frameworks and libraries, e.g., Mog, NUnit, SpecFlow etc.
- Proficiency in Linux, Container-based virtualized deployment- e.g., Docker (AMI), ECS and ECR.
- IT experience and/or understanding the Software Development Life Cycle (SDLC) with strong Agile/ SCRUM experience.
- An effective communicator at all levels, in both structured and non-hierarchical, informal structures.
- Ability to work in a fast-paced team environment.
- Experience with AWS API Gateway.
- Knowledge of AWS Cognito.
- Experience with CloudWatch (or similar monitoring tool/service).
- Experience in CI/CD DevOps.
- Familiarity with ECS/EKS/AWS Fargate.
- Understanding of IAM, CloudWatch, AWS Glue.
- Using messaging framework like NServiceBus, Masstransit or equivalent advantageous.