Due to growth and expansion, we are now assisting our client in the recruitment of a Senior Accountant to join their finance team based in Waterford. Our client is a leader in its field that provide environmentally controlled, stability storage services for the Pharmaceutical, Medical Device and Food Science industries across Ireland and Europe.
Reporting to the Financial Controller, this role will operate as a pivotal role in a growing Finance department.
- Preparation of the monthly management accounts (reporting P&L, BS and Cashflows) and monthly reporting packs for two entities.
- Completing and submitting tax returns, including VAT / VIES / RTD / P30 / 46G regulatory returns.
- Mentor, lead and support two finance employees, providing appropriate training as required.
- Management of month end completion, including month end journals.
- Month end Sales invoice calculation.
- Supporting company auditors, providing information as required and assisting in the year end audit process.
- Assist in the Annual Budget preparation.
- Cash flow Management.
- Maintain fixed asset register, accruals and prepayments and lease schedules.
- Management of monthly payroll and monthly pension.
- Provide ad hoc support to the finance team.
The successful candidate
- The successful candidate will be an ACCA/ACA/CIMA qualified accountant
- At least 2 years post qualification experience.
- Ability to work on own initiative, comfortable managing own time and prioritising workload.
- Strong financial acumen and a commercial awareness.
- Excellent communication skills and strong attention to detail.
- Team player who will be a key part of a smaller office environment.
- SAP experience is preferable but not essential.
- Proficient with Microsoft Excel & Word.