Quantity Surveyor required to join our client, in a long established. fast growing Main Contractor. You will join an experienced Quantity Surveying team and will have opportunity to gain great exposure to many different types of building projects, both residential and commercial. Based in the Head Office in Waterford City, reporting to the Quantity Surveying Director the overall Purpose of this role is to manage the financial performance of commercial building contracts in both the public and private sector.
Responsibilities of the role will include:
- Preparation of tenders/budgets for projects.
- Procurement of Subcontractors, including monitoring of packages on site, re-measure of works, agreeing variations as they arise, agreeing final accounts.
- Working closely with Contract and Project Managers to identify, analyse and develop responses to commercial risks.
- Ensuring accurate & timely contract administration.
- Undertaking interim and final valuations for works complete.
- Develop and maintain good relationships with design teams, clients and our supply chain.
- Prepare detailed monthly cost reports.
The ideal candidate will have:
- Degree in Quantity Surveying / Construction Economics
- Min of 3 years relevant experience working as a Quantity Surveyor
- Experience working on Public Works & RIAI contracts.
- Ambitious / Motivated and keen to progress in your career
- Strong PC Skills essential
- Strong communicator and Team Player essential
- Salary package will be commensurate with experience