Our Client who is a leading FMCG Company based in the Waterford region is looking for a Quality Supervisor with a focus on operational quality implementation. The role is a pathway to a Quality Manager position and involves the supervision of both the Quality Assurance team and the Quality Control team.
The overall purpose of this role is to ensure that products are produced to the highest level of quality and compliant with the specification of both the customer and relevant bodies.
This role will play a supporting role in the development of employees and will be instrumental in the training of their team. The Quality Supervisor will have a good understanding of Food Safety and Compliance standards, Quality Systems and HACCP requirements.
- Ensuring that product is manufactured to specification and right first time.
- Supervising and developing the Quality Assurance and the Quality Control team to make the best use of resources and skills.
- Identify training and development opportunities to continually grow and enhance the team knowledge.
- Ensuring all aspects of production are carried out to exact quality specifications. Monitor the various stages of production and ensure that quality checks are being carried out and compliance with the HACCP system.
- Liaise with the Quality Manager on customers’ product specifications and complaints.
- Ensure compliance with BRC, Bord Bia and customer specifications, continually reviewing existing HACCP systems in line with legislative & customer requirements. This includes responsibility for supervising all checks deemed necessary to ensure that the quality and safety standards BRC, Bord Bia and customer requirements are met constantly and consistently.
- Ensure compliance with customer standards.
- Assume responsibility for the training of process operatives in relation to quality procedures.
- Manage customer complaints, investigation and implementation of necessary corrective actions.
- Deputising in the absence of the Quality Manager.
Requirements of the role
- Relevant Third level Qualification is essential along with 4 years’ experience in Quality Departments within the food industry.
- Demonstrated strong ability on people leadership and interpersonal skills are essential.
- Good knowledge of all relevant quality standards
- Strong communication skills with ability to deal with clients, suppliers as required.