Quality Manager required by leading FMCG company based in Tipperary. Reporting to the Senior Technical Manager, this is a great opportunity to join a fast-growing company. the overall purpose the role:- The primary responsibility of the Quality Manager function is to ensure the optimum performance of the production facility with respect to Food Safety and Food Quality through ensuring that the process together with its systems are robust and are fully implemented in line with Food Safety and Customer requirements
- Oversee the Assistant Quality Managers and the Q A team to ensure that all plant output is manufactured to standard
- Drive and implement plant wide Process & Quality System Improvements
- Be the key challenging food safety player on a day-to-day basis to ensure Plant hygiene standards are maintained and that all processes are implemented as standard.
- Lead the HACCP team for the purpose of ensuring a fully integrated food safety business model driving the operations at the plant.
- Be the key challenging food safety player during the introduction of new products and new engineering processes/equipment.
- Continuous measurement and gap analysis of business processes to ensure compliance to food safety and food quality standards.
- Manage the Risk Assessment Programme for raw materials, suppliers, process activities and new process introduction within the production facility.
- Possess a probing and investigative mind-set in the investigation of customer/supplier complaints and adopt a pro-active approach in the prevention of customer complaints.
- Manage, measure, and advise on accepted protocol within the production environment for the prevention of pathogenic activity.
- Manage the Quality Department to ensure the customers specification/requirements are fully met by the production facility.
- Develop and implement QAS during the New Product Development process, support factory trials whilst ensuring the consistent manufacture of products to agreed specification post launch.
- Implementing Quality improvement initiatives in both manufacturing and business processes via the internal audit system. Ensure close out of internal and external audits as priority.
- Ensure suppliers are effectively approved for the company use in terms of technical, commercial, and best for purpose through effective use of risk assessment and audit
- Customer Interface on Quality improvements & corrective action support on a proactive basis
- Developing and managing cost of Quality programme.
- Driving root cause / corrective actions reviews
- Development and reporting of Key Process Indicators for Quality Performance
- Proactive Quality engineering support for new Product Introductions
- Any other Quality related task as assigned by the Management Team
- Driving Customer Quality issues back through Product Design Cycle
Qualifications/ Experience/ Skills:
- Minimum Diploma or higher in a Food Science/Quality related subject
- High energy, strong communicator, and team player with a strong record of meeting aggressive goals and objectives
- The candidate must be comfortable when there is a requirement to address issues within the production environment that is required by the business
- Possess an analytical mindset for the purpose of solving problems using well-proven strategic approaches to identifying resolution
- Be a natural leader who desires to bring out the best in people, possessing good interpersonal and influencing skills
- Be a self-starter, work under your own initiative, good listener, be assertive, and highly motivated. Clear demonstration of an ability to provide guidance and motivation to others
- Develop strong relationships with all other departments such as Production, Engineering, NPD, and Sales, and use these platforms to allow for Technical Strategies to develop and grow
- Good PC skills in both Word Processing and Spreadsheet programs are essential. Familiarity with both presentation applications and database applications would be an advantage