Our client, a provider of IT solutions is seeking to recruit a Project Coordinator. A Project Coordinator plays a vital role in ensuring the successful planning, execution, and completion of projects within an organization. The successful candidate works closely with project resources and stakeholders to facilitate project progress, monitor tasks, and maintain project documentation.
Project Planning and Initiation:
- Assist in defining project scope, objectives, and deliverables.
- Develop detailed project plans, timelines, and schedules.
- Identify project stakeholders and establish communication channels.
- Communication and Reporting.
- Act as a central point of contact for project team members, stakeholders, and clients.
- Provide regular project status updates and communicate changes as necessary.
- Prepare and distribute progress reports and status updates.
- Coordinate and allocate project resources, including personnel, equipment, and materials.
- Monitor project tasks and ensure they are completed as per the project plan.
- Track and manage project budgets and expenses.
Risk Management & Quality Assurance:
- Identify potential project risks and issues.
- Work with the project team to develop risk mitigation strategies and contingency plans.
- Proactively address project issues as they arise.
- Documentation and Record Keeping.
- Maintain comprehensive project documentation, including project plans, reports, and records.
- Organize and archive project files for future reference.
- Ensure that project deliverables meet quality standards and client expectations.
- Perform quality checks and reviews as required.
Meeting Facilitation & Change Management:
- Schedule and coordinate project meetings, such as kick-off meetings, status meetings, and review sessions.
- Prepare meeting agendas, capture meeting minutes, and ensure action items are addressed.
- Document and track changes to the project scope or requirements.
- Facilitate the evaluation, approval, and implementation of change requests.
- Build and maintain positive relationships with project stakeholders to meet their needs and expectations.
Closing and Evaluation:
- Participate in project closure activities, including evaluating project performance, capturing lessons learned, and archiving project documentation.
- Previous experience in project coordination or a related role is preferred.
- Familiarity with project management methodologies and tools (e.g., Microsoft Project).
- Strong computer skills, including proficiency with Microsoft Office applications (Word, Excel, PowerPoint).
- Excellent organizational and time management skills.
- Strong problem-solving and critical thinking abilities.
- Effective communication and interpersonal skills.
- Detail-oriented with a focus on accuracy.
- Ability to work well in a team and adapt to changing priorities.
- ITIL certification is a plus.