Personal Lines Account Handler
Our client, one of Ireland’s leading insurance brokers are currently seeking a Personal Line Account Handler for their Waterford city office. This role involves servicing a portfolio of customers to retain existing business and generate new business.
- Undertaking market research and issuing competitive and tailored insurance quotations to new and existing customers, for personal cars, vans and homes.
- Ensuring all documentation is in place and payment processed.
- Providing day to day support and servicing to clients on their insurance needs e.g., issuing renewals including market comparisons, finalising insurance placements, and updating policy schedules.
- Handling ad hoc client requests as they arise including queries on their policies, applying mid-term adjustments, claims reporting etc.
- Staying up to date on insurer products / rates and competitor activity in the marketplace.
- Maintaining good file management and documentation to ensure compliance with all legal requirements and business ethics.
Experience / Skills:
- We are looking for an energic and driven Personal Lines Account Handler, with previous experience working in general insurance broking or in an insurance company.
- APA or CIP qualifications (some or all).
- Excellent analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills.
- Ability to work in a fast-paced, dynamic environment.
- Strong IT skills with previous experience of Relay being desirable but not essential.
- Excellent customer service and organisation skills with strong attention to detail.
- Ability to work as part of a team and on own initiative.
- Market competitive salary and benefits package includes tax efficient and discounted stock purchase schemes, pension scheme, and employee health insurance scheme.
- Hybrid working arrangements.
- Paid annual membership to the Insurance Institute of Ireland.
- Discounted staff insurances for motor, home and health.
- Cycle to Work and Travel Saver Schemes.
- Full training and development support in a vibrant and progressive working environment.