Packaging Technologist role in leading FMCG company based in South Tipperary. Reporting to the NPD Manager, the overall purpose of this role is to all times.
- Manage all aspects of packaging across two sites.
- Be the main point of contact for all internal and external stakeholders, for all things packaging.
- Maintain packaging specifications for all materials, and perform new supplier and material approvals
- Be audit ready at all times.
- Manage artwork sign-off procedure.
- Be the main point of contact for all things packaging.
- Liaise with internal stakeholders on all packaging projects; Operations, Engineering, Quality,
Commercial and Procurement.
- Be a member of cross-functional teams for new product launches, and larger projects such as new lines and/or capabilities.
- Build relationships with packaging suppliers and ensure the business is kept informed on new
technologies and the direction of the market.
- Keep up to date on all legislation and customer policies such as DRS and tethered caps. Act as main point of information for all packaging queries.
- Perform new supplier and material approvals for all packaging used on both sites
- Carry out investigations on any packaging issues and share findings with the wider team.
- Provide recommendations on process or any other improvements
- Attend production trials and launches of all new packaging. Approve process and feedback to
- Manage artwork procedure: co-ordinate sign off of all artwork from Graphic design, printer proof, cromalin / GMG and physical artwork
- Keep up-to-date digital and physical copies of all artwork (labels and shrink wraps).
- Ship samples of products in new or amended packaging when required.
- Maintain a packaging matrix for all products and provide information to the Specifications team when requested.
- Test and approve dual supply or alternative packaging supplies if required.
- Design and implement packaging intake procedures for the Quality and Operations Teams.
The ideal candidate will have:
- Third level degree in Food Science or Supply Chain or related subject.
- 2+ years’ experience in new product development environment or Technical or Supply Chai
- A proven track record taking projects from start to finish.
- Commercial awareness and understanding of product costings
- Ability to work under pressure and to tight deadlines.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills – proven ability to work with other departments.
- Pays close attention to detail with excellent organisational skills and proven ability to handle multiple tasks/ priorities.
- Written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to build positive relationships with customer teams.
- Computer knowledge. Yes – Word, Excel, Outlook, Teams, Stock Management Software, Customer Portals (Desirable, not essential).
- Previous experience working with specification
- Production experience essential i.e factory work
- Highly organised and able to work alone and self-motivate.