Metrology Engineer required by our client, a fast growing medical devices company based in Waterford. Currently undergoing rapid expansion, which in turn is presenting new opportunities across the business. Technology takes a step up with each new project, enhancing our current ability to deliver complex, market leading components at high volumes and high precision. As a place to
learn all aspects of the medical device industry, and to further develop your career, this company is second to none…you are assigned real projects to develop that people’s lives depend on. And as a place to work, we have a large team of friendly, experienced experts, each contributing to our business, which is conveniently located in an amenity rich, thriving Irish city, making it easy for you to achieve a healthy life/work balance.
- Generate CMM (PC DIMS) and Vision Systems (OGP / MITUTOYO) programs
- Generate FIA/OQ/PQ reports for new product introduction and maintain master samples
- Generate capabilities of GR&R studies
- Identify and support new jigs and fixtures required for new product introduction
- Support QE’s and new product introduction
- Support continuous improvement projects
- Conduct root cause investigations for non conforming product
- Maintain the external calibration schedule
- Maintain and conduct internal calibrations on specific equipment against documented work instruction
- Maintain calibration database of measuring equipment
- Support all company safety and quality programs and initiatives
- Ensure on going compliance with GMP in all practices, recording of events and processes
- Ensure compliance with all learnings from all GMP training events
- Other responsibilities may be assigned from time to time as needed, based on evolution of the company and the requirements of the department/position.
1) Efficiently engage with and contribute to the metrology and new product introduction teams
2) Support all metrology activities on new product introductions
3) Demonstrate expertise, a will to make process improvements, and to be a point of contact within Metrology
- Degree in Engineering/Science, preferred Mechanical or Manufacturing discipline.
- 3-5 years experience in quality / metrology engineering role
- Fully competent in quality management standards
- Ability to work in a team environment
- Excellent organisational, communication, computer and presentation skills
- Proficient in MS Office application, Mini Tab, OGP Smart Scope, PC DIMS experience desirable.
- Performance and results driven
- Ability to work on own initiative and as part of a team
- Flexible, committed and results orientated
- Good numerical ability
- Good coordination ability
- Work location: Waterford, Ireland