L&D Capability Manager required by our client a global pharmaceutical company based in Waterford City. This is a new role for the business to support the site’s strategy and transformation initiatives. Overall Purpose
The successful candidate will champion a sustainable learning and development (L&D) culture. The focus will be to develop and strengthen the technical capability that supports and contributes to the site’s strategy, while providing ownership for the site training systems, and providing robust liaison between global and local training activities.
Responsibilities/ A Day in the Life of our L&D Capability Manager…
- Lead the design and implementation of robust training and development plans, processes, and programmes across the site.
- Prepare and align the site L&D plan with site business goals, that support the Opex, innovation and digital enablement transformation journey.
- In conjunction with key stakeholders, Identify and implement remediation plans for critical training gaps, and opportunities for cross training to meet future requirements.
- Generate L&D pathways that support IDPs, competency building, and Succession planning.
- Manage training curricula to include well-defined technical training that aligns to future technical and agile capability goals.
- Identify, assess and implement opportunities for training optimisation, driving improvements to existing L&D programmes and processes.
- Oversee training platforms for tracking, recording and reporting of site training and capability metrics.
- Liaise with education partners to develop and procure training solutions that support the site L&D plan and business strategy and result in nationally recognised accreditation for candidates where possible.
- Work closely with Global L&D and HR to deliver and embed soft skills and TGO L&D learning requirements as needed.
- Source and manage the claim process for relevant training grants available to the business.
- Deliver training improvements that draw on industry best practice.
Who we are our client looking for:- Are you…
- Passionate about learning, with the proven track record of training programme development and management.
- A specialist in learning programmes within a regulatory manufacturing environment.
- Adept with a variety of multimedia training platforms and methods.
- A critical thinker with innovative problem solving skills.
The ideal candidate will have:-
- Bachelor’s degree (hons) in HR, Education or a related field – essential.
- 3-6 years’ experience leading Technical Training in highly regulated manufacturing environment – essential.
- Demonstrated ability in effective implementation of an innovative site wide L&D strategy within a manufacturing environment.
- Experience analysing company training needs, content planning, programme development and implementation.
- Ability to evaluate and research training options and alternatives.
- Ability to design and implement effective training and development programmes.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Excellent leadership skills
- Knowledge of learning and development best practices.