Food Safety and Quality Technician required by fast growing food company. The overall purpose of the Food Safety and Quality Technician role will be
- To assist in the day-to-day quality control operations within the food production facility.
- This role is vital to ensuring that the food products meet quality and safety standards set by the company and governing agencies.
- The Food Safety and quality Technician will be responsible for conducting tests, audits, and inspections of raw materials and finished products.
- Assist in implementing and monitoring food safety and quality programs, policies, and procedures in accordance with applicable regulations and standards.
- Conduct regular quality control tests on raw materials and finished products to ensure compliance with established benchmarks and food safety guidelines.
- Support the Quality Assistant Manager in internal audits and inspections of the facility, identifying areas that may require improvements.
- Prepare and maintain accurate documentation for all quality control activities, including test results, audits, and corrective actions.
- Work closely with production staff to ensure that quality control procedures are well understood and followed.
- Participate in training sessions on food safety and quality protocols, both for self-improvement and to assist in training other staff members.
- Assist in managing the supplier approval process by performing initial quality checks on raw materials and ensuring they meet the company's standards.
- Help in the development and maintenance of records related to food safety and quality, such as HACCP plans and other relevant documentation.
- Participate in the execution of product recalls, collecting data and samples that may be required for further analysis.
- Assist in initiating corrective and preventative actions (CAPA) for any identified food safety and quality issues, under the supervision of the Quality Assistant Manager.
- Serve as an additional point of contact for internal inquiries related to food safety and quality.
- Bachelors Degree in Food Science, Quality Control, or a related field; or equivalent work experience.
- 1-2 years of experience in quality control or food safety roles.
- Strong understanding of food safety regulations and quality standards.
- Proficiency in using quality control instruments and software.
- Detail-oriented with strong organizational skills.
- Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal.
- Understanding of HACCP, GMP, and other food safety protocols.