EHS Specialist role in leading medical devices company based in Waterford City. Reporting to the EHS Manager, The overall Purpose of the role is The EHS Specialist manages the establishment, implementation, and maintenance of a safe, accident-free, healthy work environment, compliant with all applicable EHS regulations and company policies and procedures.
- Maintain site safety statement.
- Provide direction and advice to site management in the area of legislation and how best to implement at site level.
- Responsible for regulatory internal and external reporting, internal auditing and validation of compliance activities.
- Implementation of corporate Environmental Health & Safety systems with specific emphasis on process safety management, process hazards analysis, industrial hygiene, risk assessment, accident and injury reporting, and change control.
- Conduct investigations into process and plant incidents/accidents, recommend and drive corrective actions.
- Support the review and assessment of plant modifications. Provide technical safety input to the design and construction of new facilities including impact on automation lines and process equipment.
- Participate in pre-start up safety reviews and equipment walk-downs to identify relevant safety items and complete Health and Safety Audits.
- Be a strong advocate for the development of behavioural safety programs and initiatives
- Establish priorities for development of hazard control program and participate in their implementation.
- Devise/Update key safety programs in line with legislation/best practice and deliver appropriate H&S training to personnel onsite.
- Achieve a series of effective H&S KPI’s for the site and maintain compliance.
- Familiarity with emergency response planning, in addition to fire protection systems.
- Support all company safety and quality programs and initiatives.
- Ensure ongoing compliance with GMP in all practices, recording of events and processes.
- Ensure compliance with all learnings from all GMP training events.
- Other responsibilities may be assigned from time to time as needed, based on the evolution of the company and the requirements of the department/position.
- Excellent interpersonal skills and the ability to interface with all levels of the site management and GBU/ Corporate EHS.
- Excellent communication, presentation, organisational and training skills.
- Ability to interpret relevant legislation, and regulatory compliance procedures.
- Self-starter with demonstrated efficient work methods, analytical & problem solving skills and ability to handle multiple tasks in a fast paced environment.
- Degree in Health & Safety essential.
- A Certified Safety Professional and chartered member of OSHA.
- Must have 2-4 years’ experience in GMP / Healthcare Environment.
- Experience working in an IMB/FDA regulated environment highly desirable