Consultant Medical Secretary
Experienced Consultant Medical Secretary required by our client; a long established Surgical/Medical Consultants practice based in offices in Waterford City. The overall purpose of this highly responsible role is: –
- To ensure, along with the assistance of other administrative staff that the practice is run in a highly professional, organised and efficient manner.
- Ensure records are updated and maintained in an accurate manner, ensuring patient confidentiality at all times.
Responsibilities will include: –
- Ensure the timely processing of all patient related information onto the Practice System, DGL including sending out reports, appointments, and all general enquiries; This will include audio typing.
- Ensure that all correspondence is handled without delay.
- Responsible for booking appointments and creating all theatre lists
- Coordinating and confirming theatre bookings, ensuring the lists are fully complete and patients are fully informed of all pre surgery procedures. This includes booking the hospital and the pre-op appointment.
- A knowledge in relation to Health Insurance cover would be an advantage.
- Invoicing and processing payment for surgical procedure.
Requirements of the role: –
- Medical Secretary / Medical Administration qualification is desirable but not essential.
- At minimum 5+ years previous experience working within a similar role in a medical consultants practice would be an advantage.
- Flexibility to assist in resolving issues/surgery cancellations is required within the role.
- The ability to make good decisions and take initiative is an absolute must for this role.
- Must be highly computer literate and be proficient in Microsoft Office Suite
- Excellent communication skills in English (both written and verbal)
- Good listening skills essential.
- An excellent telephone manner and empathy with patients essential
- The ability to take direction and work on own initiative in a team environment.
- Full time permanent role across 5 days with the possibility of some flexibility to perform the role remotely within office hours.