Automation Technician role in leading medical devices company which is going into expansion in Waterford City. This role is for front end day shifts, working Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday and every second Sunday 8am-8pm. The overall purpose of this role is to Maintain automation equipment in line with health & safety, operational and quality work instructions, procedures and policies to ensure the production of quality product in a timely, safe, efficient and compliant manner.
Key Responsibilities and End Results:
- To maintain automation equipment in excellent condition ensuring consistent quality, output and yield.
- Follow systematic root cause problem solving and troubleshooting to resolve issues.
- Carry out preventative and corrective maintenance, completing all associated paperwork and records.
- Lead and implement process improvements to achieve more efficient operations, while adhering to change management and cGMP requirements.
- Assist with the commissioning of new equipment / projects.
- Order and maintain appropriate stock of spare parts.
- Cross Train technicians as required.
- Flexible to travel to support new equipment buy-offs / training.
- Support all company safety and quality programs and initiatives.
- Ensure ongoing compliance with GMP in all practices, recording of events and processes.
- Ensure compliance with all learnings from all GMP training events.
- Other responsibilities may be assigned from time to time as needed, based on the evolution of the company and the requirements of the department/position.
- Systematic & structured troubleshooting / problem solving skills.
- Ability to provide innovative solutions to complex technical problems.
- Adherence to change management procedures and cGMP requirements.
- Good written and oral communication skills.
- Ability to work well in a team environment.
- High level of safe working practices and awareness.
- Computer literate with MS Office skills.
- The successful candidate will have Level 6, Level 7 or Level 8 HETAC qualification in Manufacturing
- Technology, Mechanical / Automation Engineering, Electrical, Electronics, Mechatronics or similar.
- Qualified trades personnel with industrial experience will also be considered.
- Experience in high volume automation / robotics required.
- Experience in a Healthcare medical device manufacturing environment highly desirable.
- Experience in Pneumatics, Electronics, Hydraulics, Programmable Controllers, Servo Motor drives, Vision systems, Ultrasonic welding, workshop machining desirable.
- Understanding of Process Capability.
- Understanding of MSA or GR&R.
- Experience in leading process improvement projects in medical device environment.
- Experience in FAT, SAT, IOPQ of automated assembly lines.