Accounting Assistant role to support accountancy practice based in Waterford City.
Reporting to the Partners, this maternity contract role will work as part of a busy office team. The successful candidate will be required to have a very pleasant and professional attitude, along with a willingness to learn and work.
The overall purpose of this role is to provide ongoing accounting administrative support the Partners and to ensure the smooth running of the office, enabling tight deadlines to be met in a timely and efficient manner.
- Assisting in all areas of client accounts preparation by performing all data entry as directed and required by the Accountants.
- Preparing VAT Returns, Bank Reconciliations, payroll, Accounts Payable for clients, Accounts receivable for clients and any other accounts administration required by the accountants
- Reviewing tracking systems and alerting the office staff of upcoming deadlines that week
- Dealing with incoming inquiries on the phone, email and reception
- Prioritising work as necessary but ensuring deadlines are met efficiently
- Dealing with and prioritising tasks and inquiries on a daily basis for the office
- Data input of all data to multiple systems used within the business
- Ongoing updating of database systems with data input, ensuring accuracy and follow through at all times
- Responsible for filing and ensuring the office is maintained in an organised manner
- Contributing to continually improving processes
- The nature of the work in the office is very varied and other adhoc tasks will be required from time to time
Specifications/Requirements of the role
- 3rd level qualification, Bachelor of Business Studies/Accounting or similar essential
- A min of 1 years experience working in a busy accounting function is essential
- Highly proficient in Excel and all Microsoft products essential along with a general ability to pick up systems quickly
- Strong communication and organisational skills with a “Can Do” attitude essential
- Attention to detail, A willingness to learn essential and self-motivated ambition to succeed in the role a must for this role
This is a great opportunity to build up broad accounting experience