Our client located in Waterford is now seeking an experienced and enthusiastic Accountant to join its finance team. The successful candidate will play a leading and important role in providing finance support across divisions which are experiencing rapid growth. This is an exciting opportunity to gain wide ranging finance experience and commercial exposure.
Role and responsibilities
- Preparation of monthly management accounts, including margin and detailed profitability analysis.
- Develop a full understanding of the commercial and financial characteristics of the businesses for which you are responsible and provide insightful guidance to the management team.
- Assist in the assessment of various ad hoc projects, such as new investments, markets and commercial opportunities.
- Contribute to the continued development of the control and reporting structures & systems in the relevant divisions.
- Must hold a recognised accounting qualification.
- Minimum 3 years’ experience in a busy finance department.
- Experience in the preparation of detailed monthly accounts reporting pack.
- Proven problem-solving and analytical abilities with excellent attention to detail.
- Organised approach to work and driven to meet deadlines.
- Comfortable and confident communicator, able to effectively interact and cooperate with all levels of the organisation.
- Strong IT skills, particularly MS-Excel and a modern accounting/ERP system (ideally SAP).
The successful candidate will be joining a dedicated team of professionals operating in a dynamic, busy and rewarding environment.