Electrical and instrumentation Apprentice
Our client a growing FMCG is looking to hire an Electrical and Instrumentation Apprentice. The Electrical and Instrumentation Apprentice will report to the maintenance supervisor. They will work shifts over seven days both am and pm shifts. They will work as part of the maintenance team and will work in conjunction with the Production Managers and Operations Managers. They will be highly skilled and have the ability to work on their own initiative and as part of a team. They will have a heightened awareness of health and safety and also of lean operations.
The successful candidates will undertake the SOLAS based apprenticeship programme and must be eligible as per criteria stipulated by SOLAS. Candidates should have a keen interest in a career working in an industrial contracting environment.
- Assist in problem solving activities, both electrical and mechanical
- Assist in completing electro-mechanical repairs to high speed food processing, handling and packaging equipment.
- Supply of technical support for the plant facilities & services including, compressed air, steam, refrigeration and effluent plant will be a pivotal part of your new role
- Input to computer maintenance system and carry out preventive maintenance routines
- Involvement in the maintaining of buildings and grounds
Qualifications / Skills
- Qualified to Leaving Certificate or equivalent standard with five passes in ordinary level subjects (Maths and English must be two of these)
- Pass an Ishihara colour vision test – submitted on the Solas form
- Must be computer literate
- Must have excellent written and spoken English.
- Practical in your approach to problem solving
- Good coordination and hand skills
- Safety focused
- Previous manufacturing experience an advantage